PureInsight | December 27, 2023
Recently, a group of Chinese tourists traveling to Jeju-do Island destroyed a display board that had been installed at tourist attraction sites all year round. The display board contained information about the CCP’s persecution of Falun Gong, organ harvesting from living people, and human rights violations. After receiving a complaint, the local police took the main violent Chinese tourist to the police station and prohibited him from leaving South Korea.
The Epoch Times received news that at about 11:30 a.m. on November 18, during an event to expose the Chinese Communist Party’s persecution of human rights held near Sunrise peak in Jeju-do Island, a group of young people suddenly appeared and destroyed the exhibition boards at the scene.
The police who received the call rushed to the scene and arrested the mastermind and confirmed that he was Chinese.
Kim Jung Kun, a Jeju-do citizen who often participates in clarifying the truth about the CCP’s persecution of Falun Gong in the region, said that the damaged display panels included the truth about the CCP’s forced organ harvesting as well as photos and descriptions of the CCP’s human rights violations.
Kim Jung Kun recounted that when he left the scene briefly, 7 to 8 young people kicked down the display board. They shouted in Chinese, kicked the display board with their feet, tore it with their hands, and even tried to burn it.
After Kim Jung Kun witnessed this, he immediately called the police. The police who were dispatched arrested the mastermind and asked the violent tourists to show their ID cards, but they refused. The violent tourists also resisted fiercely when the police took out handcuffs. In the end, they were subdued by two policemen for obstructing official duties and were sent to the police station. The police are investigating in detail the specific motives for their crimes.
Kim Jung Kun said, “Recently, such atrocities by the Chinese have become more and more frequent.” “Most of the time they escape before the police arrive. I have only received compensation once.”
Legal expert Wu Shilie, secretary-general of the Korean Falun Dafa Association, said, “Foreigners who enter South Korea for tourism purposes attack or destroy facilities at legally approved places. This is not just a rash act of individuals.” He said, “(This behavior) is the Chinese Communist Party’s continuous persecution of Falun Gong over the past 24 years overseas. We hereby call on the police to conduct arrests and investigations to eradicate this kind of abuse in South Korea's violation of sovereignty.”
As of press time, the police had interviewed the violent tourist and the Jeju Provincial Prosecutor's Office submitted the relevant report to the court. The man was released after being detained for 24 hours, but was ordered not to leave the country. He may have to pay about 1.4 million won in damages.
Chinese version: https://www.zhengjian.org/node/286769