PureInsight | September 22, 2003
[PureInsight.org] Since early childhood, up to my present age that is close to sixty years, I have always taken delight in reading books. Although I studied engineering and was employed in the business sector, I have continued to read extensively historical, literature classics, philosophy and religious books. Reading has given me much pleasure. I feel that the contentment of being able to read is immeasurable.
Without doubt, Zhuan Falun is the book I have read more than any other book during my entire life. I have read Zhuan Falun almost two hundred times. I remember one early morning, in the beginning of October 2000, when I noticed a yellow banner in the park that displayed the content of "Lunyu." As I was reading "Lunyu," I became excited. This was the first time I encountered Falun Dafa. I immediately went to a bookshop and purchased a copy of Zhuan Falun. I know many people who have read that book more than one or two hundred times in just one year.
What has made me want to read Zhuan Falun over and over again with undivided attention and what has given me more pleasure than in anything else in reading it? These are the reasons:
1. Zhuan Falun explains the Buddha Fa, or the Buddha Law. On the first page we find the introduction "Lunyu," which clarifies the purpose of the book: " 'The Buddha Fa' is most profound; among all the theories in the world, it is the most intricate and extraordinary science…'The Buddha Fa' is an insight into all mysteries. It encompasses everything and leaves out nothing—from particles and molecules to the universe, from the even smaller to the even greater. It is an exposition of the characteristic of the universe, 'Zhen-Shan-Ren,' expressed at different levels with different layers of meaning. It is also what the Tao School calls the 'Tao,' or what the Buddha School calls the 'Fa.' " (From "Lunyu" in Zhuan Falun.)
I reflected upon this and decided that since I have a predestined relationship with and the desire to grasp the Buddha Fa, I must discipline and conduct myself with high standards. I must study diligently and correct my shortcomings.
2. " 'The Buddha Fa' enables humankind to understand the immeasurable and boundless world." (From "Lunyu" in Zhuan Falun.)
Zhuan Falun is the Buddha Fa that Teacher Li Hongzhi taught in very simple, everyday language. The implications of the words written in this book are immensely deep and profound. We must read the book repeatedly with no pursuit, store It in our hearts and we will progressively understand the Buddha Fa at very high levels. This book encompasses all disciplines of human knowledge, including science, physics, chemistry, medicine, language or history. This book continues to marvel its readers and leave them with utmost admiration, as if they had climbed a treasured mountain that towered far above them.
3. Zhuan Falun contains the Fa principles that guide us to cultivate toward high levels; therefore, we must continue to study, read to ourselves and out loud and memorize Zhuan Falun. Thereby, our degenerated thoughts and conventional thought processes that we have acquired in the maze of this human world will gradually be eliminated and our hearts and minds purified. It is through this continuous process that our body will be purified, and our mind-intent will change for the better.
4. Learning is like sailing a boat against the current–one must forge ahead or be driven back. Since we are predestined to obtain and study the Fa, we should be diligent in studying the Fa. Righteous faith is the only way that will guarantee unswerving cultivation. One must not be complacent in one's cultivation progress, and must continue to stride forward vigorously in one's cultivation. We should try our best to study the Fa well to make further progress.
5. While persistently studying the Fa, I realized that my enlightenment quality improved remarkably. For example, when conflicts occur, or when I come across a remark from a famous ancient sage or a well-known proverb, I suddenly feel inspired by an amazing thought. I would suddenly reach a new understanding of the Fa. It creates a genuine shock. It is like: "After passing the shady willow trees, there will be bright flowers and another village ahead!" (From "Lecture Nine" of Zhuan Falun)
6. Mankind truly lives in a maze, so weak and ignorant. People stay busy with blind eyes and ignorant minds. Mankind doesn't understand the true meaning of life, nor knows how to pursue the road that allows the return to the original, true self. Since life is so short, we must make wise choices in the selection of books we read. Everything in this universe has intelligence, including languages and words. So long as we are sincere in reading Zhuan Falun repeatedly, our minds will elevate and enlighten.
How very honored we are to be able to read Zhuan Falun, a Book of Heaven. We certainly should treasure this predestined relationship with the Fa. More importantly, we should study this book well and diligently. We must firmly study the Fa and cultivate ourselves. Naturally, we sincerely hope that more people with predestined relationships will soon join us. A magnificent future awaits.
Translated from: http://www.zhengjian.org/zj/articles/2003/8/30/23226.html