PureInsight | March 4, 2002
In “Lecture on the Fa at the Washington, D.C. International Conference,” Master Li said, “Dafa disciples are establishing for humankind a foundation for the future.” In the process of clarifying the truth, Dafa disciples are also establishing the new culture of the future and being responsible for the people of the future obtaining the Fa. Clarifying the truth to the Chinese people deeply and thoroughly and helping Chinese people to understand Dafa from a positive angle are extraordinarily significant. This task has become an urgent responsibility incumbent upon all Fa-rectification disciples as a part of our mission to assist Teacher in Fa-rectification. At the same time, it is also very important for us to adopt methods that enable us to apply our rationality and wisdom and to make it easy for others to understand and accept our message. This is not just a manifestation of Dafa disciples’ compassion towards all sentient beings and being pure, righteous and kind. It also has a direct impact on the salvation of the people all over the world.
In order to let more people know about and understand Dafa, the European Falun Dafa Association will hold the “First World Future Science and Culture Congress.” The theme of the Congress is “Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance is the basis for the science and culture of the future,” which implies “Falun Dafa is the real science.”
Falun Dafa practitioners in various academic, cultural and artistic disciplines from all over the world will attend this Congress. It will be held in England’s Cambridge University on March 9-10 of 2002. The Congress will be open to the public. Besides its mission of setting a foundation for the development of the new science and culture, the Congress will expose the truth behind the Chinese government’s persecution of Falun Dafa to the public and urge the members of the scientific and cultural communities to work together to stop the killing of Falun Gong practitioners in China.
The Congress invites papers with the following guidelines:
1. The theme of the Congress is “Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance is the basis for the science and culture of the future,” implying “Falun Dafa is the real science.” One type of paper might introduce Dafa from a positive angle focusing on the above theme, thus helping people to realize the evil, deceptive nature of the current persecution against Falun Dafa in the name of science.
2. Another type of paper may demonstrate that Dafa is the real science. The presentation can be on any subject in the field of natural science, including medicine, biology, astronomy, geology, physics, archeology, and others, or social science, including history, law, economics, anthropology, and so on.
3. Since Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance is the basis for the science and culture of the future, entries in the art and cultural areas will also be accepted. This may include literary works, musical compositions, paintings, calligraphy, clothing design and architectural design.
4. Submission requirement: When submitting one’s work, please write down the name, work place and contact information of the author along with a short resume. Academic papers should include an abstract that is less than 500 words. The paper could be either in Chinese or English. If possible, please prepare both a Chinese and English version.
5. Please submit the paper to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject of the email, please clearly note that it is intended for the Science and Cultural Congress. The submission deadline is February 15, 2002.
The Review Committee of the Congress will notify the author of the acceptance of his entry by the end of February. Some of the academic papers will be given as platform presentations during the Congress. All other accepted papers will be displayed in poster form. All accepted academic papers and personal resumes will be compiled into the “Proceedings of the First World Future Science and Cultural Congress.”
For more information, visit the web site for the Congress: