Overcome the Test of Life and Death with Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions

Wuji, a practitioner in China

PureInsight | June 9, 2011

[PureInsight.org] Due to misfortune in my life, including a failed marriage, my mental state was unstable and I was often in trance. Then in June 1999, on the verge of collapse, I was fortunate to learn Falun Dafa. Through studying the Fa and doing the exercises, both my mind and body improved. My unstable mental state soon disappeared and I began a new life. I was very grateful for Master’s help. Here, I would like to share some stories during my cultivation. With faith in Master and the Fa, we will be able to break through tribulations.

On July 20, 1999, about one month after I began to practice, Jiang’s regime began the massive persecution against Falun Dafa. Police officials arrested many practitioners and everyone became worried about the situation. Group practice sites no longer existed, but three of us neighboring practitioners still continued to study the Fa and do the exercises together. However, someone soon reported us to the police. Knowing this practice was very precious, I decided to continue no matter what happened. Even if I could not practice in my hometown, I would go to other places to avoid being arrested. So I took the book Zhuan Falun with me and began the journey from Shandong Province to Northeast China by train. Inspection at the train station was very tight and I thus asked Master for help. When I entered the train station, nobody checked me as if the inspection officers did not see me at all. I arrived safely at a place in Northeast China and began to make a living peddling a tricycle taxi.

It was fairly easy to endure the suffering in life, while the real pain came from the isolation from other practitioners. I wished to have a practitioner nearby to study the Fa with. With that thought, I did find fellow practitioners and I was very grateful for Master’s help. From then on, I started to clarify the truth to every passenger of mine. In addition, I distributed truth-clarification pamphlets on the street, in the park, or inside residential buildings. I also put up posters on street. I did not have any fear and the only thought I had was saving people. Some of the posters lasted a long time and nobody took them down. By studying the Fa, doing the exercises, and sending forth righteous thoughts together with fellow practitioners, I joined the momentum to assist Master with the Fa-rectification.

Once we had two very long banners. Some practitioners were not sure how to put them up safely and they asked me to give it a try. I agreed without hesitation. When leaving home one night and walking on the street at 1a.m., the road was bright with traffic light and I felt good. After climbing up a big tree, I quickly put up both banners. Seeing the banners waving in the wind carrying the words, “Falun Dafa is good,” I was very happy. In my heart, I also kept calling, “Falun Dafa is good”.

Another time when I put up posters in a park with another practitioner, the park director stopped that fellow practitioner. I immediately sent forth righteous thoughts and planned to leave. When I took another path and approached the park gate, the park director and that practitioner were also there. The director yelled aloud at me, “You, come here!” I asked Master for help, and walked out of the park as if nothing had happened. At that time, I felt my body was very tall, as high as a mountain, and a big Falun was leading the way in front of me. However, because of my nervousness, I was unable to save the practitioner and the two left the park together. I fretted about it very much and cried for three days.

Seven days after that incident, a practitioner said that in a dream she saw Master’s hair had turned gray. Feeling very sad, I was in tears, thinking, “Dafa and Master are so good and so righteous, and yet they are now being defamed. What can I do?” Then when sleeping at night, I dreamed of calling aloud to students in a classroom, “Falun Dafa is good.” In my dream, I also saw Tiananmen in Beijing was bright and shining. I realized that I needed to travel to Beijing to validate the Fa. Several practitioners also had this plan, but they could not decide a date after discussing it for a long time. So I planned to go by myself. With no travel expense, I sold the only thing I had—the tricycle cab—and finally collected 500 yuan. I pricked my middle fingers with a needle, squeezed out a few drops of blood, and wrote on a yellow banner with my blood, “Falun Dafa is good.” I held the banner onto my chest and went to Beijing by train in early August 2000. After arriving at Beijing, I headed to Tiananmen Square by subway. There, the flag-raising ceremony was just over. Taking out the banner from inside my clothes, I called out from my heart, “Falun Dafa is good. Please restore the innocence of Falun Dafa’s founder!”

Several plainclothes police agents immediately rushed to me even before my voice stopped. Some of them held my arms, some pulled me by the hair, and some carried my legs. They threw me into a police van and took me to a police station, where I was detained in an iron cage. A police officer interrogated me and asked me where I came from. I did not answer. At midnight, the officer forced three of us practitioners into a police van and took us to a place far away. They continued to interrogate us. I did not answer their questions, but instead clarified the truth to them. I said, “By practicing Falun Dafa, we are following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Is there anything wrong with that? Is that why you arrested us?” Then all the officers left except for one, who brought me a pen and paper, and said, “You can write anything you want on this paper. Then put it by the gate and you can leave.” Thinking that was a trick, I did not write anything, nor did I escape.

Soon afterwards, a group of police officers came in. One of them was holding an electric baton, with sizzling sparks. I stood up and said, “What are you doing here? Now, put down the electric baton and you all go stand by the wall.” The officers followed my words and stood in a row by the wall—one of them was so frightened that he raised both hands above his head. Then an elderly police officer began to criticize me, “See, what have you done to us! We have been busy the whole night with no rest.” Hearing those words, my human notions surfaced. Four or five agents then came up together to handcuff me. I called out asking Master for help, and the agents failed. At that time, my mind went blank. An agent thus came up and handcuffed me. They continued to ask me where I came from, saying they wanted to send me to the train station for me to go back home. After riding in the police van for a while, however, I realized they were sending me to a detention center. I planned to escape, but did not succeed.

I went on a hunger strike for four days in the detention center, and agents from my hometown police station came to pick me up. During the transaction procedure, Beijing police returned the 300 yuan they confiscated from me. However, before I put it in my pocket, police agents from my hometown took it away. On that night, we stayed in a hotel room on the third floor. After everyone went to sleep, I got out of the bed and walked on the balcony. It seemed high above the ground, but this was the only opportunity for me to escape. So I asked Master for help and jumped out of the balcony. My shoulder touched the ground and my eye was wounded and bleeding. Nonetheless, I tied the banner on me and stumbled out of the hotel, feeling grateful for Master’s help. When it was dawn, I wished to find some water for cleaning. Then, there was a pond by the road. I cleaned the blood off my face and continued walking. With no money with me, I walked around as a beggar near Beijing for about 10 days and slept on the street at night. I wanted to go home but had no money. So I asked Master for help. Then, I found someone from my hometown and he gave me one yuan. With that money, I was able to buy a platform ticket entering the train station, then sneak onto a train. After staying under the seat for one day and one night, with no food and just a little water, I returned to the place where I lived. I was able to continue studying the Fa, sending forth righteous thoughts, and clarifying the truth.

When I looked back at the path I have walked, I see Master helped me overcome the tribulations one after another. I am very grateful for that. It is just like what Master wrote in his poem, “The Disciple-Master Bond,” “When disciples have ample righteous thoughts Master has the power to turn back the tide” (Hong Yin - Volume II).

Translated from: http://www.zhengjian.org/zj/articles/2011/5/28/74813.html

Add new comment