PureInsight | May 2, 2005
[PureInsight.org] With the recent worldwide flurry following the publication of the Nine Commentaries on the Chinese Communist Party, people might be confused by the statement, "Falun Dafa practitioners are not, and never have been interested in politics."
Politics by definition includes the following:
- the profession devoted to governing and to political affairs
- the study of government states and other political units
- social relations involving authority and power
- the art and science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation and the administration of its internal and external affairs
- the methods and tactics involved in managing a state or government
- the activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician or political party
- intrigue or maneuvering within a political unit or group, to gain power and control.
Falun Dafa practitioners are merely eager to achieve these things:
- to be permitted to practice their belief system in a noble, dignified manner
- to end the persecution they have been subjected to by the CCP and to effect redress for the immense suffering they have endured
release of those from detention centers, prisons and laogai who are still incarcerated for their belief system
- to bring those responsible for all atrocities to justice, so that such a horrendous persecution will never be repeated
- to restore the grand reputation of Falun Dafa, of its founder and the practitioners that the Chinese rulers had once publicly granted. If this persecution had not happened, we would not have to speak out!
Falun Dafa practitioners do not wish to hold any political position, have no ambitions for political office nor are they the least bit interested in changing Chinese society. Nevertheless, their belief in Truth, Compassion and Tolerance, the tenets of their belief system, has already had and will continue to have a positive effect on Chinese society, merely by the example of the way these good people live their daily lives - in an honest, ethical and compassionate manner. Such noble character traits have already influenced thousands of people for the better.
If living the life of an ethical person can be construed as being "political," then politics has taken on a heretofore, unknown definition, a new definition all of us ought to joyfully embrace.